Tekkie Town supplies a wide-ranging variety of top shoe brands to our customers and consumers at reasonable prices. Our vision is to become your number one worth choice for branded footwear, clothing and accessories. We offer an interesting and exciting work environment, with plenty of chances for progression and career development. As a Sales Supervisor working for Tekkie Town, your core purpose for this position is to make the best of the sales and income of the branch, controlling stock damages, managing the admin of the branch and effectively be able to encourage the staff or team in the store. Our ideal applicant or candidate must be a self-motivated, positive individual, and passionate about performance, a spirited individual who can think laterally and who has strong logical and proven bookkeeping abilities.
- Grade 12 / Matrix
- Further qualifications associated with retail or business will be an advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Senior Sales Assistant in the retail sector.
- Excellent in English (Written and Verbal Communication).
- Outstanding Communication skills.
- A strong logical thinking and analytical skill.
- Has a great energy level and is performance-driven.
- Computer Literate and Numeracy skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Outstanding customer care skills, the ability to work together and communicate with customers.
- Very good record of presence and timekeeping.
- Ability to work individually, as well as be a team performer.
- The ability to make sure that brand standards are fulfilled & kept in line with customer and consumers expectations.
- Manage day-to-day customer service operations (e.g. sales processes, orders and payments)
- Make sure store standards are maintained and willingness to take initiative if the job needs to be done.
- Supervise and influence the staff to make sure that daily targets are met.
- Coach and upkeep new and existing Sales Assistants.
- The ability to be able to control the whole store in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Make sure all employees adhere to the company’s policies and guidelines.
- Making sure that stock losses are under the benchmark
- Admin principles are met.
- Keeping updated with the most recent trends in terms of stock coming in (unpacking process).
- The responsibility of opening and closing the store.
- Act as our store’s representative, you will be required to set an example for all our staff. Applicants will need to make an evidence of their constant record of dedication and drive, to demonstrate their social and communication skills at all stages in the Company, and a worth system that holds Tekkie Town’s standards, vision, and strategy.
You are more than welcome to interact with Samantha Wellen to talk over your application, or to demand extra information. If you are passionate about sales and want to join a Company where there is plenty of opportunity for progress and career development, please apply. Applicants must be prepared to go through evaluations or assessments and interviews if and as required.
Please note: In terms of the Tekkie Town policy for appointments and promotions, the first choice will be awarded to internal applicants who meet the capabilities and minimum requirements for the position.
Preference will also be given to applicants who will improve the diversity of the team and contribute to employment equity within the establishment provided that the proficiency and minimum requirements for the position have been met.