Cleaning Area Manager – Operations
Kallvest Cleaning – Gauteng
R12 000 a month – Full-time, Contract
This position is mid management level which requires candidates to have a minimum of 5 years operational management experience within the contract cleaning industry.
Please ensure you meet all minimum requirements for this position when applying.
The ideal applicant would have held prior positions where they were accountable for the following tasks:
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related position, with respectable companies operating in the contract cleaning industry.
– Minimum Level of Education: Matrix/Grade 12
– No criminal record
– Excellent knowledge of English
– Outstanding customer management skills
– Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)-Intermediate
– Excellent verbal communication skills
– Staffing and Training of New Cleaners
– Creating detailed SOW and SOP modified to site specific requirements in line with contract cleaning best exercise
– Rostering, managing leave and absence replacement of staff
-Handling cleaners on multiple sites (preferably experience in running a portfolio of 20+ sites)
– Standard Control of Chemicals and Consumables
– Organization and Upkeep of Cleaning Equipment
– Well versed in BCEA and Engineering Relations, including disciplinary procedures.
– Exceptional knowledge of cleaning principles, policies and procedures, as well as HACCP
- Willing to work long hours when necessary and occasionally on weekends.
- Professional at planning of staffing and rostering to optimize cost efficiency and observance to labor legislation. Able to assign cleaning tasks or activities and create job descriptions to each and every individual or position, guaranteeing production standards according to site specific SLA’s are met.
- Strong individual’s skills and knowledge or Industrial relations. Strong on client /customer relationships and strong communication skills.
- Procedures and Service Delivery: Full responsibility on management of respective sites surrounded by assigned portfolio, attendance to any client/ customer demand pro-actively.
- Pro-actively manage a pool of qualified relief staff members to avoid any service supply disturbances.
- Instrument and manage work timetables applicable to site necessities.
- Perform everyday site check-ups and keep service supply in line with SLA purposes.
- Manage procedures linking to staff, equipment, billing, and costs.
- Portfolio maintenance over and done with management of service standards, client/ customer association, and excellence management.
- Handling on site staff working out and presence, equipment condition, spring-cleaning materials, keeping the company appearance at all times.
- Achieve carrying out and observance of cleaning methodology
- Make sure assets are managed, saved in good condition, repaired and serviced in line with manufacturer specifications
- Accomplish regular job and duties on training sessions.
- Upkeep of site records and notice boards where appropriate , monthly achievement of client/ customer specific records including, but not limited to exercise registers, chemical usage registers, maintenance reports, site risk assessments, audit values and cleanliness consumption and replacement.
- Assign staff to sites according to the company policies and procedures.
- Achievement of time sheets and submission as per the deadlines.
- Managing industrialized relations and abide by the company’s disciplinary code
- Management of unit finances including leave provisions, overtime management, consumable management and overall spending management.
- Create openings for extra revenue through once off services.
Contract span: 12 months/1 year
Application closing date: 2020/12/18
Estimated Start Date: 2021/01/04
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From R12 000.00 per month
- Area Manager in contract cleaning industry: 5 years (Required)