Signa Aim – Benoni, Gauteng
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
The Compulsory will be in charge of carrying out a variety of cleaning chores to the Training Centre, including sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuum and emptying bins.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a minimum requirement of Matric (Grade 12) / equivalent
- Knowing cleaning chemicals and supplies would be beneficial
- Health and Safety training will be advantageous
- Have at least 1-2 years’ relevant experience
- All notice boards must be checked whether are clean every morning before classrooms commence with training.
- The kitchen must be cleaned every day and if there are any dishes they need to be washed.
- The water machine must be cleaned once a week.
- Clean trainee’s tearoom every morning & afternoon.
- All floors & toilets, as well as change rooms, must be cleaned every day & soap slot machine must be filled regularly.
- Toilet papers & hand towels must be checked every day to make sure they are always available.
- Office bins to be cleaned every day.
- Admin & Training Officer’s Offices & classrooms must be cleaned and all offices twice a week which includes.
- Office windows must be cleaned once a month inside and outside.
- Records must be kept for all cleaning material that needs to be bought as used. Admin must assist with ordering/buying.
- Cabinet in the kitchen where cups, cutlery are stored needs to be cleaned once a month.
- Fridge to be cleaned once a month, microwave in kitchen & apprentices’ tearoom must be cleaned once a week with no hesitation.
- Every three months at the centre deep cleaning needs to be done once.
KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Acceptable skills to operate a computer, calculator and other office tools.
- Visual alertness to inspect documents for accuracy.
- Ability to hear and speak to give-and-take necessary information.
- Ability to sometimes turn, lower yourself and reach for working tools of the trade, etc.
- Have the capability to sometimes lift and carry standard office items/tools of the trade.
- Ability to be present at work at least in normal business hours.
- Have the ability to stay aware and keep up with efficiency through antisocial hours in intervals of crises or contradictory deadlines/work under pressure
- Ability to tolerate at least home-grown and regional business travel as required by either road and or air transport.
Closing date: 14.12.2020
Required start date: 04.01.202
Salary: Based on qualification and experience
Communication will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates or applicants. If you do not receive a call or any sort of communication from us 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Cleaner / Housekeeper / Overnight Janitor
The Millhouse Hotel – Johannesburg, Gauteng
R4 400 – R6 600 per month – Full-time
The Hotel is built-up with improved COVID-19 health and safety code of behaviour and we are keenly taking on recruitments for Part-time Overnight Janitors / Cleaners / Housekeepers to join our team! Shifts are from 11:00pm to 7:30am.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We self-importance ourselves to be responsible for effective and high-quality service to our members. We are looking for those people who are dedicated team players and can be trusted upon by others.
The main duties include:
- Spring-cleaning and sanitizing washrooms, hotel rooms, including showers, vanities, toilets and dusting ledges
- Dusting and vacuuming public spaces
- Glass cleaning
- Cleaning of Squash Courts
- Emptying Garbage
- Assisting in setting up functions (moving furniture)
- Prior work experience in a private club or hotel would be an asset
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- Optimistic and hardworking attitude, dependable and can be counted on
At Millhouse Hotel, we bid a confident and friendly surrounding, medical benefits, competitive wages, employee recognition fund (gratuities), employee meals and free parking.
If you are somebody who takes self-importance in their work and is passionate for bringing outstanding service (WhatsApp 0624066082), we’d appreciate hearing from you!
We are grateful to all candidates for their interest, however, only those nominated will be called for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: R4 400 – R6 600 per month
- Have a minimum of 1-year experience as a Janitor: (Preferred)