ABB – Modderfontein, Gauteng
Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
Take your career to the next step at ABB and work in a team that is committed to making a future better where innovative digital technologies enable greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB’s Process Industries group fixes up and carries computerization solutions from expedient to one-to-one care and control, making sure our clients get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions assist in improving plant and enterprise productivity, even though reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge allows us to truly recognize and address the trials and chances of Industrial Automation.
You will be hired to work as a Project Controller and you will be expected to determine the measure of Industrial Automation Business region for Process Industries Division found in Modderfontein, South Africa. In this role, you will be fourth estate to the Local Business Unit (BU) Controller and will be in control of providing dependable and appropriate analysis of the group’s actual financial results, budget, and forecasts to support ABB Group management and other shareholders at several organization levels in decision-making processes.
- Tender Stage: Assistant the tender manager on financial or commercial aspects. Providing inputs to negotiation on commercials issues.
Providing inputs in the local risk review process.
- Project Execution: Contributing to the project execution proposal on financial aspects.
Formulating project invoices, financial accounting, and fourth estate (including project site accounting).
Oversee the currency risk and tax issues as well as driving project cash flow.
Taking accountability for the accuracy of the project the balance sheet and income statement.
Observing the proper keep an eye on up on claims and back-charges.
Coordinating and preparing regular project reviews.
Detecting risks, starting risk mitigation actions, making estimates to complete
- Monitoring and Review: Taking part in chance or risk identification, checking that all required modification actions are timely implemented.
Support the Project Manager in organizing and arranging monthly project reviews.
Participating in preparing the project cost report. Verifying the substance for the cost to complete.
- Commercial terms: Upkeep on claim board, back-charges, and assurance cases and monitors the good follow-up together with the Contract Manager or Project Manager up-stream (towards the client), side-stream (towards associations partner) as well as down-stream (towards dealers).
- Compliance: Support the Project Manager in faithfulness to trade governance, integrity, assurance, internal control, a group charter, country-specific finance directives, and instructions.
- Safety and Integrity: Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking accountability for your own activities while considering for your co-workers and the business and following all relevant lawful, client, and ABB’s health, safety, and environment supplies all the time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance or economics, or any equivalent or related qualification.
- 2-years’ experience in project controlling working as a certified project controller.
- The applicant should have knowledge and experience of finance and accounting software (SAP, ProMis, RR dB).
- The applicant should have finance and business supervisory expertise with process coordination.
- Detail-oriented team player with the aptitude to successfully obey an exacting time limit.
- Required good communication and negotiation skills.
- The applicant should have strong risk supervision and solid leadership skills.
More about us
Take along your individual sense of pride and purpose as you benefit us to drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – crafting a maintainable future for our planet, and your career. Tie together the power of our varied global network, as you work together with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
If you be intent on applying for this available job opportunity and any additional information please refer to the ABB Career page: https://new.abb.com/careers.
Notice: Only applications received via the ABB Career page will be considered