The Joblink – Fourways, Gauteng
R15 000 – R25 000 a month
Contact person for this position:
The Retail Manager will be in charge of all the active phases involving the shop, as well as to authorize and lead the team of workers to stretch and go beyond business purposes.
Responsible Areas (Your duties will include but are not limited to 🙂
- Make sure the stock is received correctly according to the blind check receiving method
- Supervise the receiving area for stock counts, check expiring dates and condition of the stock.
- Talk about any changes/disagreements to Assistant Manager
- Manage and control floats
- Oversee cashiers and cash handling protocol
- Ensure Cash-up documentation is managed procedurally
- Petty cash
- Perform random audits
- Compensations to be minimized and stock damages to be less than 0,3% of gross revenue
- Daily stock rotation
- Count stock daily, as per schedule, from Stock Office, must be properly counted and reported.
- Short-dated stock to be reported daily
- Arrange stock take groundworks are done and achieve development
- Open and close shop
- Complete daily managers check sheet
- Making sure that the alarms, cameras, and all security systems are in functioning order, sustained, and confirmed regularly
- Make sure workshop locks, roller doors, and any other tools are keeping up.
- Managing the contract out security guards to make sure observance of all the company rules and processes.
- General security consciousness and responsibility as senior on-site
- Planning of annual report and temporary labor necessities rendering to exact capacities and retail necessities
- Make sure all workers and support individuals are well-versed in local hygiene necessities
- and clarify to them the significance of why and how excellence values are to be guaranteed
- Prepare the staff with the compulsory tests and tools to guarantee product standards are upheld
- Make sure the workforce is well experienced in the requests involving stock revolution and shelf demonstrations.
- Classify workforce growth needs and grow them for that reason
- Estimate workforce routine and be responsible for feedback and coaching as required
- Customer Satisfaction
- Create and keep up good relationships with clients or customers so that they feel they obtain the good value at all times
- Proactively classify and resolve problems to customer service delivery in a timeous manner, carry out possibility plans when essential
- Make sure that Rules and Processes are followed, and corrected to support an ever-changing environment
- Make sure that accurate procedures are followed when dealing with IR issues
- Arrange any staff rotation between branches
- Management of casual staff
- Make sure of correct freezer temperatures
- General Maintenance
- Day to day duties and ad hoc projects must be completed
Reporting & Finance
- Record and give statement key presentation indicators on a weekly and monthly basis
- Management Accounts
- Attend and participate in every Monday morning meetings
- Support department managers and co-employees.
- Actively take part as an affiliate of the team
- Carrying out any other task, not specified herein, which from time to time may be given by the manager.
Knowledge, skills, and experience required
- Have Grade 12 / Matrix with a relevant degree or diploma
- 5 years’ experience minimum as a Retail Manager required
- A strong individual with outstanding social and clear communication skills
- Must be capable of reading, writing, speaking, and understand English & Afrikaans
- Excellent MS Office Skills (level 2)
- Valid Driver’s License with own vehicle
- Skill to work as a team and independently too
- Operational Agility
- Make sure the Vision, Mission, and Values reinforce all activities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Results-driven, innovative with good decision-making skills
- Ability to show initiative
- Skill to work as part of a group
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Performance Driven
- Passion for Customer service