Midas Menlyn is busy searching for a General Worker/Driver to perform the following merchandising, picking, and driving duties. Duties will include, but not limited to.
BINNING / RECEIVING
- Make sure the binning of incoming merchandise and the replenishment of inventory from bulk to pick locations is performed as per standard operating procedures and requirements
- Make sure new products are allocated with bin location numbers in the correct warehouse area
- Make sure bins are updated and stock allocated to new bin locations are reported to your superior and updated
- Helping in replenishment functions
- Make sure all incoming goods are received and checked as per company standards
- Make sure picking of customer and branch orders are being picked timorously to meet order cut off times
- Make sure picking from bulk locations are only done as an alternative bin when stock is depleted and not replenished in the picking phase or when picking bulk orders to prevent the breakage of pack sizes
- Perform all reasonable and lawful instruction relating to work given to you by your superior
- You must follow all relevant procedures to increase efficient customer satisfaction
- Help in stock take procedures
- Make sure housekeeping is done daily
- Make sure double checks are done to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and to prevent loss of inventory
- Make sure set standard operational targets are achieved consistently
- Issue scanners to all operators daily.
- Book out scanners on the electronic app.
- You should receive scanners back from operators, inspect scanner for damage and book back into stock on the electronic app.
- Report any damage to the supervisor
- Complete the daily scanner issue spreadsheet
- Checking of the vehicle pre-departure and return
- Checkup lists to be handed back to the Dispatch Supervisor every Monday to sign off before a new inspection list will be issued. Any errors on the vehicle need to be reported instantly before the vehicle can leave the premises.
- Checking parcels together with the runner/supervisor before loading them into the vehicle always adhere to the New Dispatch Loading procedure.
- The delivery of parcels to the customers on your designated route as per route schedule and trip sheet.
- Make sure customer adherence to the POD procedure.
- Obey to the RFC procedure.
- The delivery of all the documents and collection slips that are allocated to your trip sheet and receive POD.
- Sign trip sheets in at the POD clerk and make sure that all documents that were allocated to your name is complete and received back the following day.
- The remaining trip sheets will be your accountability and you will be held responsible for any claims on No pod queries.
- There should be no stock transfers between customer shops.
- Sustaining and cleaning of the vehicle, reporting any problems on the vehicle instantly to the dispatch supervisor
- You should report any problems encountered regarding deliveries or POD`s to the dispatch supervisor
- The job description is not limited to the above duties and errands, but you need to do any other reasonable instruction given by management from time to time
Qualifications & Experience:
- Having Grade 12 / Matric certificate is essential
- You should be Computer literate
- Must be authentic and show integrity
- You should have some good communication skills
- Have the aptitude to work under pressure
- Have a South African valid driver’s license
Closing date: Tuesday 16 February 2021
At Motus, we are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Consequently, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants if this supports the achievement of our Employment Equity goal
Please note that applicants not communicated within 2 weeks after the closing date must consider their applications as failed