Careers at the Shoprite Group
The Shoprite Group is the major leading private-sector employer in South Africa and a top employer in Africa. We trust, have faith, and believe our employees are key to our success. We as the Shoprite Group we focus on attracting, developing, and retaining a loyal and committed workforce, dedicated to the Group’s culture and organizational objectives.
Work at our stores
In our stores worldwide we have a wide range of store-environment positions that are also available in our operations, including food, furniture, financial and cellular retailing. To apply for this vacancy, send a WhatsApp message to 0872405709 and select Job Opportunities or click below.
- Applicant must have a relevant experience
- Be proficient in English
- Responsibility – exerts a high level of effort and perseverance towards goal attainment.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure to make sure that all varieties of products remain replenished throughout the day.
- Be Physically Fit to Perform All the Store Duties
- You should work on the till when needed
- Help with the cash-up procedures
- Must be able to sell products specific to campaigns
- It’s a must to take customers’ orders
- Pack away stock
- You must clean the store
- You must clean all the equipment
- Be able to carry out instructions from management
- Make sure that fridges are always stocked
- Make and clean the food
- You will be occasionally handling and prepare orders
- You must take accurate stock take on a weekly basis.
- You will be responsible to make sure the general merchandise section of the store is well-stocked for our customers.
- The general produce products include but are not limited to; health and beauty products; over-the-counter medicines; candy; magazines; tourist items and seasonal merchandise.
- The general stock clerks must be familiar with store products and their locations to help customers in locating items. In addition, they must be able to do all duties of a cashier.
Work at our offices
With the Job Opportunities in our Head Quarters Offices, we offer a range of exciting career chances at our various divisional offices around Africa and the Home Office departments in Cape Town.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience in the respective field you are applying for.
- Be Computer Literate – As well as proficient with Microsoft Office
- Sound numerical skills
- Strong command of the English language
If you’re young, determined, and serious-minded about your future, our bursary opportunities will set you on the path to success. With our bursaries, we offer financial study assistance to all qualifying youth of South Africa in the fields of accounting, pharmacy, logistics, information technology, retail business management, and more. Please CLICK HERE to learn more about the bursary opportunities.
As a graduate student, you can gain some valuable work experience across all ranges of departments at Africa’s leading supermarket retailer. If you are our ideal candidate and you’re a talented graduate with a degree in B. Pharm, Retail Management, B. Computer Science/ B. Accounting or any other relevant field of study, we’d love to hear from you. Click HERE to contact us for more information.
Other Job Opportunities Available…