Housekeeper Job Duties
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area
- Making beds and changing linens
- Washing windows
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets and rugs
- Sweeping/vacuuming, polishing, and mopping hard floors
- Sorting, washing, loading, and unloading laundry
- Ironing clothing items
- Using any cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
- Keeping bathrooms stocked with clean linens, toiletries, and other supplies
- Cleaning mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Emptying trash receptacles and disposing of waste
- Steaming and cleaning draperies
- Washing blinds
- Tidying up rooms
- Monitoring cleaning supplies and ordering more as needed
- Reporting any necessary repairs or replacements
- Understand the household policy on work shifts, possessions, and privacy issues
- Cleaning the bathrooms, including mirrors, toilets, showers, and bath Cleaning the kitchen, including wiping down appliances, counters, sinks, and cabinet doors
- Washing and drying dishes and putting them away
- Cleaning interior windows.
- Removing garbage and recycling.
- Restocking personal items such as toilet paper, tissues, etc.
- General tidying up of the rooms. This includes putting away toys, decluttering, and light organizing.
- Running errands for the family. This can include things like grocery shopping or dropping off dry cleaning and mail.
- Preparing meals for the family.
- Keeping track of cleaning supplies and letting you know when they are low and need to be replaced.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Education: High School (matric) (Preferred)
Experience: Hospitality or housekeeping: 3 years (Preferred)
Language: English (Preferred)
License/Certification: Driver’s license (Required)
Work Remotely: No
Olives Leaves Headquarters Hotel
Vaal Triangle, Gauteng
R4 000 – R7 000 a month
We Are Urgently hiring
House Keeper/Assistant HouseKeeper
The Olives Leaves House Hotel is an 11 bedroomed family-run hotel situated on the slopes of St Agnes Beacon. With panoramic views and an excellent reputation.
Our hotel provides hotel breaks for guests of all ages who look to visit and stay in the local areas. With a good reputation and a small friendly team, we are excited to have the opportunity to look for a housekeeping assistant to help assist our housekeeping team in the general housekeeping duties ensuring our bedrooms and public areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness.
Experience not necessarily just a willingness to learn, work hard, and be reliable.
Key Duties Include
- Helping in General Hotel House Keeping Duties
- Cleaning of guest’s bedrooms
- Cleaning of hotel public areas
- Making sure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained and followed throughout the hotel.
- 5+ Shifts Available Per Week during the season.
- Shift Times 09.30 – 13.30 (sometimes a bit shorter or longer depending on the number of changeovers).
- Must be able to work at least a Saturday or a Sunday.
- Hourly pay – rate dependent on age (includes holiday pay).
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Follow Health & Safety requirements
- Possess good judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Effective time keeping and time management
If you are interested in joining our great team, please email your CV or call or WhatsApp 06194 96131 for an informal discussion
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: R4,000.00 – R7,000.00 per month
Experience: Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Remotely: No
Housekeeper or Cleaners
– Be available throughout operational hours to clean up as and when required.
– Make sure correct cleaning products and equipment are used for specific jobs.
– Make sure the wet floor sign is up and visible at both ends when cleaning the floor.
– Be friendly, professional, and able to assist customers.
– Perform duties according to Health and Safety Regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
– Grade 10
– Sound command of the English language
– Basic customer service
– Additional language that is area-specific
– Willing and able to work retail hours