The Department of Military Veterans is one of the formal parts of the government department which has its contribution in bringing up the realization of a peaceful and democratic South Africa. Besides, this department builds and empowers the military veterans’ community to be filled with packs of people. Currently, this department is offering a position of personnel officer to join them and work together as follows.
Vacancies of Department of Military Veterans on SABC News
Table of Contents
- Program Description
- Closing Date
Position: Personnel Officer
Recruiter: Department of Military Veterans
Salary: R173 703 per annum (level 05) plus benefits
Reference Number: DMV2021/2-06
Type of Work: Full-time 12 months
As all jobs have their duties, here is what a personnel officer is being responsible for.
- Aiding the services of staff provisioning
- Compiling and submitting draft specifications for post advertisements
- Receiving and entering post applications
- Developing and submitting draft master lists
- Providing the clerical support for the panel members appointment and processes of shortlisting and secretarial services for interviews
- Filing the applications for both successful and unsuccessful applicants
- Supporting the implementation of the staff remuneration
- Supporting the administration for the whole processes of interview and appointments
- Providing clerical support in doing the validation of qualifications, reference checks, security clearances, and conditions of service
- Assisting in capturing and implementing special pay grades and personnel pay progressions along with the PMDS process
- Helping the implementation of the exit interviews
- Doing the first line or phase of capturing transfers, leave, service termination, retirements, dismissals, and resignations
- Ensuring the process of service benefits, and coordination of service conditions
- Keeping the personnel information and records
- Implementing the benefits and salaries of employees
What are the requirements to work as a personnel officer? The applicants must complete these requirements to be eligible for the job.
- Possessing the certificate in Human Resource or relevant qualifications
- Having a minimum of one to two years of internship in human resources or as a Junior Clerk in the human resources environment
- Having the basic knowledge of the human resources environment and government-wide policies
Meanwhile, the following documents are compulsory to fulfill as well to make your applications valid and complete.
- A Z83 form which is obtainable from any Department of Public Service
- An updated comprehensive CV with three contactable referees (including the telephone numbers and their email addresses)
- Certified copies of all qualifications
- Matric Certificate
- ID document
- A valid driver’s license
- Foreign qualification should include a SAQA evaluation certificate
Further, the applicants can send the documents to the Department of Military Veterans, Private Bag X943, Pretoria, 0001. Besides, they can hand-deliver the documents to the Department of Military Veterans corner 328 Festival and Arcadia Streets, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0001.
In addition, there will be some assessments that the applicants will go through. They are screening and security vetting. There will be security clearance processes as well as the knowledge test. The successful candidate will be having a probation period of 1 year before working for a permanent type of work.
For further information related to the recruitment, you can contact Ms. Dinoe Masemola or Mr. Caiphus Mailula at (012) 764 9454.