About the job
To execute preventative maintenance and fix all breakdowns on the machines. Comply with GMP requirements.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Ensure adherence to quality standards, procedures, policies, and practices
- Fix all breakdowns and execute preventative maintenance and/or scheduled maintenance, always adhering to high standards of workmanship
- Adhere to HACCP and CIP protocols
- Comply with housekeeping standards: ensure that work area and machinery is always kept clean, clean work areas and machinery as required
Food Safety and Quality
- Ensure adherence to Food Safety and Quality principles as included in the policies, procedures, product specifications, and processes. This also includes general Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and hygiene practices.
- Identify and report any potential Food Safety & Quality and GMP deviations and hazards.
- Ensure optimal functioning of the production line by executing preventative and reactive maintenance duties as per standard
- Attend to breakdowns timeously, thereby reducing production downtime.
- Minimize stoppages and increase plant availability by implementing plant maintenance strategies.
- Execute maintenance tasks within budget (i.e., reduce spare parts consumption where possible and attempt to curtail costs associated with breakdowns)
- Continuously identify cost-effective ways of delivering world-class service, identify cost-saving initiatives, and recommend improvements
- Lead maintenance specific problem-solving initiatives
- Complete required maintenance documentation: use the information to analyze machine performance (i.e., establish trends, etc.)
- Execute breakdown and scheduled maintenance within the agreed time frame
- Monitor the production line/s to ensure smooth operation at all times
- Assist in assembling, commissioning, and decommissioning lines
- Make use of problem-solving techniques (root cause analysis) to establish the reason why breakdowns occur in order to eliminate such breakdowns into the future.
- Uphold Good Manufacturing Practice principles.
- Complete CUTE documentation and adhere to DAMAWY procedures and process
- Complete all required documentation as required (maintenance, safety, quality, etc.)
- Participate in 15-minute team talk and in proper shift handover
- Encourage team members to strive for excellence in all they do
- Be the custodian of the Company Values and CODE
- Participate in monthly shift safety meetings
- Monitor KPIs and participate actively in initiatives aimed at achieving targets set.
- Actively engage with team members and management to ensure that shifts are properly attended in order to achieve production targets and reduce the pressure placed on other team members due to unplanned absences
- Provide coaching and support to other team members particularly as it related to maintenance activities
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development (subject to budgetary constraints) and performance
- Ensure adherence to the environmental policies, procedures, and standards
- Adhere to safety regulations, procedures and policies
- Identify and report safety hazards
- Participate in safety incident/accident investigations as required
- Participate in safety dialogues as per guidelines
- Participate in safety audits and action plan implementation as and when required
- Always comply with LOTO procedures and perform work in a safe manner
- N3, Qualified Millwright
Minimum experience & Skills:
- 2/3 years’ experience within an FMCG environment, Processing, Utilities, and/or Packaging/Filling experience would be an advantage.
- Exposed to technical root cause analysis methodologies
A job that could easily turn into a career in Danone. We believe everyone is born with superpowers, something which comes naturally to you. We know this uniqueness is something that brings both excellence as well as energy, so we believe in all Danoner’s potential, and when we build careers based on these superpowers and when we develop everyone’s potential to the fullest magic happens. This is how we like to see Talent Management in Danone.
This is a highly visible position within Danone; you will interact with Internal – Marketing, Sales Supply chain, SSD, and External – Suppliers, CO-packers. Challenge, innovate, convince and find alignment when needed. This role has no direct reports.
Hit the apply button, but please do so before July 2021.